Monday, February 10, 2014

Sunday's Story

I tossed and turned all night and I doubt I sleep a solid hour at any time. But I finally fell sound asleep at 6:00 a.m. and slept to an amazing noon!

I was not only embarrassed, I was chagrined!

I was also hungry. So, I used the cast iron fry pan I left out to make five strips of bacon while I made a waffle batter. I got out my waffle maker and heated it up.

I only ate the first waffle and all the bacon. But I cooked up all the batter and, when they cooled, stuck the extra waffles in a baggie. I’ll eat them for breakfast next week.

I thought about going to Home Depot for more propane for my torch to (finally) finish the dishwasher project. I could also use some furnace filters. But it was cold and still snowing. And the dishwasher has been sitting there for a month and half (I am using it as my kitchen island, LOL.) So, I nixed the idea of going out.

Instead, I laid on my clean smelling sheets, eating Cheez-its and watching the Olympics. It was then I discovered I have a fixation on women speed skaters. They all have beautiful butts!

About 7:00 p.m., I decided to make dinner. I wanted to make the Bacon-Wrapped Blackberry Pork Roast in this month’s Food Network Magazine, (they had me at bacon and blackberry jam!) But, there was a problem. It needed a minimum two hours marinade, preferably overnight.

Note to self: Read the goddamn recipes all the way through!

So, I made the marinade, combining a 1/4 cup of blackberry jam, three tablespoons o white wine vinegar, two tablespoon of Dijon mustard and two tablespoons (read that as a handful) of fresh thyme.

I punched holes with a paring knife in the pork loin I had thawed. Then I stuck slices of garlic in the holes. I smeared the marinade all over the pork loin(s) – it spit in half while I was stabbing it. I put it in a gallon baggie and stuck it in the fridge.

However, that didn’t address my Sunday supper. So, I warmed up another half of a strip steak and the last of parsnips. I topped the steak with the bleu cheese compound butter and had an excellent meal.

I watched the Winter Olympics until way too late in the night and then, reluctantly, went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment