Monday, February 17, 2014

Sunday Morning, Comin’ Down

I woke up after 8:00 a.m. with an Olympic hangover. I had watched them off and on (between dozing) most of the night. I’m starting to think I will have to slowly wean myself off of them or I will go through withdrawals when the games are over.

I had a cup of coffee and checked outside. It was snowing. I thought about my resolution to go back to Home Depot and get that depth gauge for the Sharkbite and maybe pick up some food items at Meier’s. But, I said, “Screw it!”

So, I stayed home. I ran through all the normal Sunday morning chores (wind the clock, fill the pill box, yada, yada, yada…) I made some soft boiled eggs for breakfast (big surprise, right?)

Melissa called and apologized for not being there on Saturday. I told her no worries. She said they are going to put an offer on a house in Oxford and were going back there today. I wished her good luck and thanked her again for the gargoyle and the CD (I’d been playing it all morning while I wrote out the two long posts for the Blog).

I was completely uninterested in working on my ToDo list. I stripped the bed and started the last load of laundry for the weekend. I had the DIY channel on.

Speaking of the DIY channel, how come rappers are getting DIY shows, anyway? First it was Vanilla Ice and now Rev Run has a show! Word to your mother.

Once the bedding was dry, I made up the bed and tested it by taking a short nap.

About 5:00 p.m. I started making supper. I preheated the oven to 475 degrees F. and brushed a half sheet pan with two tablespoons of olive oil.

Believe it or not, this recipe is from Epicurious, BTW. Then I put three ounces of Chez-It Cheddar crackers in the food processor. I pulsed them until finely ground and then put them in a wide shallow pan and added 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.

I put 1/3 cup of Dijon mustard in a bowl and tossed 1 1/2 pounds of chicken tenders in it until they were coated. Then I dredged them, two at a time in the cracker crumbs until evenly coated. I arranged the tenders in a single layer, without crowding on the oiled pan. I baked them, turning once, until golden brown (about 15 minutes).

Meanwhile, I melted two tablespoons of butter in the Dutch oven, and then added a bag of fresh baby spinach. I kept tossing the spinach with tongs until it was just wilted (about two minutes). I seasoned it with salt and pepper and ate that with the chicken.

The spinach was good, but I was not that impressed with the chicken.

I turned on the Olympics and watched them until 11:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment