Monday, December 30, 2013

Sunday morning, comin' down...

I woke up around 3:00 a.m. Sunday morning. Jake and Carla were already up and packing the last few things into the car. It’s a 12-13 hour trip back home for them and they wanted to get back early enough to unpack and unwind before going to bed and then back to work on Monday.

We said our goodbyes and they rode off.

Sidebar: I would have like to write “into the sunrise” here for dramatic effect, but sunrise was about four hours away.

Note to Jake, Carla and Whiskey: Thanks for coming! I had a great time!! So, apparently, did Scruffy! He’s been whining ever since you left.

I tried to go back to sleep, but it was too quiet to sleep. I’ll try and take a nap later, I guess. Instead, I took down the inside Christmas decorations and updated my Christmas card labels for next year.

About 9:00 a.m. I went over to CVS. It was above freezing then, but the temps are supposed to fall all day and we are going into the deep freeze for the rest of the week. So, I also filled up the gas tank in the car and then hosed off all the salt and mud at the quarter car wash. It will be too cold to risk getting it wet the coming week and I don’t like having just a small amount of gas in the tank when it’s that cold. Right or wrong, I fear gas line freeze!

Back home, I parked the car inside; in the middle of the garage (by God!) for a change. I wiped it off and then took down the outside Christmas decorations. Yeah, I know… 12 days of Christmas and all that. But this was the last day to take them down and not freeze my *ss doing it!

I walked out back and refilled the feeders. I gave them all a Holiday treat of leftover potato chips.

I ate snacks all day so they wouldn’t go to waste. There is no need to make any food if you have spinach dip, summer sausage, brie, water crackers and olives, is there?

Jake sent a text telling me that they made it home safe and sound, which is what I was waiting for. I lasted until 5:00 p.m. and then went in to take a nap. My “nap” lasted four hours!

I woke up, had a snack and then took the dishwasher out. I had a voicemail on the phone that said they would be delivering the new one sometime between 11:00 and 2:00 p.m. on Monday. Then I read until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment