Friday, December 13, 2013


Since I crashed so early Wednesday night, I woke up at 2:30 a.m. and could NOT fall back asleep. (Dammit! It’s gonna to be a l-o-n-g day…)

So, I gave up and got up. I filled out most of my Christmas cards. I left for work quite early and went to the Post Office. I threw my Christmas cards in the box and then drove on.

Note: I never, EVER, put mail in my mail box. Security concerns…

I stopped at the gas station for fuel and then the bank for walking-around money. Finally I arrived at work at 7:30 a.m.

So, back to the weather (which sucks). It was 6 degrees F. when I woke up and the “high” today reached 16 degrees here in Redford. Poor Melissa and Dave! Their southern-thinned blood must be freezing! Amy and her Carl’s are probably doing okay with their Minnesota-hardened bodies. Jeremy and his brood would be fine, too, but Jake and Carla would probably just die…

I didn’t drive home at lunch, as I had an errand to run. So, I went to Time Out and got a pulled pork sandwich with fries. The sandwich was excellent (seriously), but I really wish they put coleslaw on it (my favorite way of eating a pulled pork sandwich).

From there, I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond, clutching my 20% off coupon. Unfortunately, they didn’t have what I was looking for, so I went back to work…

It was hard to stay awake throughout the afternoon. I drank a LOT of coffee and spent a lot of time in the rest room, expelling it.

When I got home, I was determined to stay awake until a reasonable bed-time. So I drank yet another cup of coffee (this time from the Keurig, which seems to put out a LOT more caffeine per cup). I watched the news until it finished at 7:00 p.m. and then got started on the evening project: cleaning the fridge.

I put everything in the freezer in the chest freezer in the garage. I went through the things in the fridge and threw away anything that was close to the expiration date (or that I hadn’t used for a long while). The rest went into my cooler and into the garage (colder than my fridge!) I unplugged the fridge. Then I took out all the drawers and shelves and washed them. I set them everywhere in the house where they could air-dry.

Then I washed the inside of the fridge. When I finished, it was after 9:00 p.m. and I was hungry. So I warmed up the rest of the onion sausage and fried potatoes. I ate that watching TV. Then I cleaned up the minimal mess and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment