Wednesday, November 13, 2013

But it’s not even the middle of November yet!

It was 24 degrees F. when I woke up Tuesday morning. The snow hadn’t melted, there was a steady wind from due North and the high (the high!) was supposed to be 36 degrees today!

Grumbling, I went and got my leather gloves and knit hat out of the front closet. Then I drove to work.

Needless to say, since the wind had picked up since I left for work, I didn’t walk outside, either in the morning or the afternoon.

I went to the Laurel Park Place mall at lunch to take advantage of a sale at Jos. A Banks. I picked up two pair of pants for work, as the ones I am wearing are now over two years old and the cuffs are beginning to fray, etc.

While I was there, my cell phone rang. It was the glass company across from the house, letting me know my glass top was done. Swell, but there was no way to get there from where I was and then back to work in time.

So, I did want any right-thinking person would do. I went to lunch. Since I was there anyway, I went to the Big Boy and got my favorite Big Boy lunch: Veal Parmesan with a side of spaghetti, garlic bread and a Caesar side salad. Of course, the Caesar salad wasn’t great (I think the only “chain” restaurant that ever gets Caesar salad right is Red Lobster). But the rest of it was good.

I talked with my boss and told her I was going to leave a half hour early to get the table top. She said that was no problem as long as I brought in pictures! I told her the table had sat in the garage all night (the shellac stunk) and I thought it would have to warm up to room temperature before I could glue on the top. But, if I got it done, I’d bring them in.

So, I left and got the table top. Once home, I brought the trashcan in the garage and then the book table into the house. Finally, I made a cup of coffee while I watched the news and let the books warm up.

Then I bit the bullet and put four dabs of the glue on the four corners of the top book and centered the glass top on it.

Disclaimer: The glue takes 2-4 days to dry, so the photos of it being finished are fake! I set it where it’s going to go and just set the top on it for the pictures. I was afraid to keep it there while drying in case a cat tried to jump on it from the chair and knocked the top off. So, it was glued and is sitting in the kitchen for the next four days where they can’t break it.

I processed the pictures and then posted them. Then I warmed up some more chicken noodle soup for my dinner.

I watched NCIS and then the rest of the hockey game. We lost, but it was a good game. I’m starting to think that they lose every time I watch, though…

I went to bed, feeling like a Red Wing jinx!


  1. The weather is crazy dumb. I sincerely hope this is not a sign of how winter will go.

  2. I do too, but you never know! That's what scares me!!