Sunday, October 13, 2013


Since I went to bed early, I woke up early. I laid in bed for a long while, trying to fall back asleep. Finally, I gave up, got up and got a cup of coffee.

I shaved, showered and dressed. Then I left for the first of the morning appointments, a massage at 8:30 a.m. But, when I got there, the parking lot entrance was blocked and a crew was tearing up the concrete. I parked down a ways and walked over, but the office was locked.

So, I rearranged my schedule a bit and went to Home Depot and Meijer’s before my 9:30 haircut. From the barber’s I went to the gas station and filled up the car.

Kroger’s was next. I am starting to be able to find my way around again, like I did before they remodeled.

I drove home only to find somebody had run over a squirrel, right in front of my driveway. There weren’t any kids out yet, so I grabbed a shovel and buried it in the vacant lot so they wouldn’t get grossed out when they come out to play.

I unloaded the groceries and called the massage office. I only got their voicemail, so I left a message that I’d tried to keep my appointment and would call during the week and reschedule.

Then I backed the car outside. I manhandled the big TV out the front door and into the back seat (it wouldn’t fit in the trunk). I went to the Township center and… NOBODY was there! Did I read the date wrong? I drove home and pulled up the Redford website. The date was right, but the location was wrong!

Since this is a “Wayne County” event, they hold it four times a year. But, it’s only in Redford once. This time it’s in a shopping mall parking lot on Eureka Road in Taylor! Do you know how far Taylor is from me?

Well, I do now, LOL! It’s almost 15 miles from the house, but no way was I gonna try and take this thing back up in the attic. And, I don’t need it sitting in the garage. So, I drove to Taylor. It was a straight shot south on Telegraph, I had the window down and the radio on, so it wasn’t bad. I was glad that I'd filled up the gas tank earlier, though.

What was bad was the line. It snaked all around the shopping mall (and it was a big one). So, it was a long, long wait. However, they had a ton of volunteers so, once I got in, I got right back out again.

Sidebar: While I was waiting, I got my cell phone out of the console. I always leave it in the car when I get my massage, so I am not interrupted. Sure enough, there was a missed call and a voicemail from Margaret, my massage therapist. She had called at 8:20 a.m. (about the time I was walking to the office) to tell me she couldn’t get in the parking lot and we’d have to reschedule.

I decided to reward myself for going “green.” So, I stopped and ate my lunch at a Red Lobster on Telegraph near Ford Road. I ordered my favorite: the lunch-sized shrimp and pasta in Alfredo sauce, Caesar salad (the best) and cheddar biscuits.

I was back home (finally) at 2:00 p.m. I changed clothes and started the weekend wash. Then I cut the front lawn, slipping and sliding on black walnuts. Once that was done, I cut the first third of the back yard with the push mower as well. I figured that would be less destructive on the emerging new grass than the heavy tractor. What I didn’t figure on was how long it would take! It was after 6:00 p.m. when I got everything put away and secured for the night.

I planned on making more chili (so I’d have it in the freezer). But, I was more tired than hungry, so I just fried up the ground chuck and drained it. I watched the news and then the hockey game. I put the cooled meat in the fridge and went to bed.

But, before I did, I put together the humidifier and filled it. I turned it on and found they have "improved" it by putting a lighted blue ring around the dial, so you know its on. Nice. All I need is a blue glowing ring in the bedroom while I'm trying to fall asleep.

I know I'm gonna dream about aliens...

No comments:

Post a Comment