Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Busy Day…

Wednesday was different! It was warm!!!

I went to Time Out and had some beef barley with mushroom soup for lunch. Then, I cut across the road to Uncle Ed’s and got my oil changed.

I went to the Post office straight from work at 5:00 p.m. From there, I went down to that little grocery store on Joy Road and bought some frozen sweet corn. I finally got home just after 5:30. I changed clothes after treating the rather impatient cats and went out to the garage.

I put the first coat of polyurethane on the project base. I came back in and got the chili out of the fridge and on low on the stove top.

I grabbed two batteries and went out back. I got the chainsaw out of the shed and then proceeded to cut up the rest of that tree.

Since its supposed to rain, and rain a LOT, on Halloween, I decided to drive the car in the back and get the wood tonight. I don’t need any more ruts!!! So, I went in back and loaded the trunk up with wood in the dark. 

It was when I was pulling back into the garage that I noticed a long box on the porch. Hurray! It came, and came early!!

What was I excited about? Jake had told me that in South Carolina, they have a gizmo people use to pick up pecan in their lawns and he thought it might work on my black walnuts. He sent a link and I had checked it out.

It’s called The Nut Wizard and, sure enough, they make a larger one that is supposed to pick up black walnut (among other things). So, I ordered it immediately.

I put it together in the living room and took a photo for you. You'll have to click on the picture to enlarge it to really see it.

I went back out and sprayed on the second coat of polyurethane.

Back inside, I stirred in two cups of frozen corn into the chili and turned off the heat.

I had volunteered to bring some side additions for people who might want to add them to their chili. So, I cut up two bunches of green onions. Then I deseeded and diced a bunch of Jalapeno peppers (wearing rubber gloves). Finally, I chopped up a bunch of cilantro (yuck). I’ll also bring in some shredded sharp cheddar cheese and sour cream.

I warmed up some spaghetti for my late dinner. I put the chili back in the fridge and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment