Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Tuesday’s Tale

I was going to make some coffee on Tuesday morning when I realized I’d used the last K-cup on top the toaster oven. So, I went downstairs and grabbed the rest of them in the carton. I opened a new box and put the empty carton next to the door out to the garage.

On my way to work, I went to put the coffee carton inside the mailbox carton. That’s when I discovered the old mailbox was missing! WTF? I understand you could possibly scrap out a wheel-less wheelbarrow or a rusty grille, but a smashed plastic mailbox, with no front door? That’s just weird!

Sidebar: Maybe some 20-year old foxy Asian chick is hot for me and collecting souvenirs? Hey, you come up with your explanations and I’ll come up with mine!

I went home at lunchtime and had another bowl of clam chowder. For dessert, I had a chunk of Pinconning cheese and some Triscuits.

Back at home after work, I watered the new grass in front (it’s really looking good!) and then set up the sprinkler in back. It was still a bit windy, so I had to experiment to get most of the water on the filled-in ruts from the gate to the shed. When I got it the best I could, I went inside and set the timer for 30 minutes.

When the timer went off, I went back out and raked the ruts. Next I sprinkled grass seed on them. Finally, I broke out the straw and sprinkled it on top the seed. I was more careful this time than I was in front not to leave “clumps.” Live and learn, I say!

Finally, I hooked the sprinkler back up and turned it on for 15 minutes to wet down the straw. When the timer went off, I went out and turned the water off. Then I went inside for the night. It was 7:40 p.m.

I still have lots of leftovers to choose from for dinner, but I went right back to the meatloaf. Other than the too-sweet (at least for my tastes) glaze, I think it may be the best meatloaf I ever made. I cobbled it from three different recipes and I am either getting better at this or I really lucked out!

This time I just ate some cauliflower as the side. I watched some TV but started to doze around 10:00 p.m., so I gave up and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment