Wednesday, July 24, 2013


Tuesday morning began warm and overcast. It started raining just as I pulled into work. Not a big storm, but about a 20 minute rain. I looked at the Channel 4 weather map online and it looked like the real storms they had talked about were moving north of us.

When I took my morning walk, it was still wet in the parking lot.

I went to the Time Out for lunch and had a Rueben sandwich with Russian Dressing. Then I went to Lowe’s and bought a new flag.

About 2:30 PM, a real thunderstorm rolled in with lots of lightning and a hard rain. But again, it was brief.

When I got home after work, I retrieved the trashcan and then went inside. I treated the cats and then changed clothes. The first thing I did was to try to hang up the new flag. I say “try” because after I opened it, I found it had no grommets! Instead, it was folded over and stitched. I assume it was made to hang straight down like bunting or something (although it did not say that on the packaging). Disgusted, I watched the news for a bit and then took the push mower to the back yard.

I cut all the places that the big tractor can’t get to. Oh, and I dumped the water in the rain gauge. In spite of two storms here today, there was less than 1/4-inch of water in it. Then I put the mower away and buttoned everything up for the night.

I’m not sure why, but I have had a real hankering for a tuna fish sandwich. So, instead of eating my spaghetti and meatballs leftovers, I opened a can of tuna fish. I drained the oil off of it (yes, I buy tuna packed in oil, not water – it’s the only kind of tuna fish that tasted like tuna fish to me!) and diced up half of a sweet onion. I put both in a bowl and added mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Then I toasted some sourdough bread and made a sandwich.

I wished I had some lettuce, but other than that, it was excellent! So much so, that I made another one after I finished the first one. Delicious.

I watched some taped TV, and then went to bed early. It was supposed to get to a low of 57 degrees F. overnight, so before I went to sleep, I opened the bedroom window as far as the security latches would allow. Fresh air, instead of the recycled A/C stuff, would be a welcome change.

No comments:

Post a Comment