Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hump Day (Thank God)

It was another duplicate of the past few days on Wednesday; cooler and yet sunny. I love days like that!

I did leave early at lunch to get another gallon of almond paint (Sherman Williams prides itself on “customer service” but it results in a long wait).

I took the paint back home and saw my neighbor outside. I told him I put the paint inside the shed and he said it would probably be tomorrow before his guy finished up.  I told him that was okay, I just wanted him to know it was there.

I also asked him about my extension ladder (that had gone missing from the shed). He said his guy had brought back “his” ladder. I said, “No, the ladder inside my shed must be yours, as mine was a much cheaper one!” He said no, he got his back! So, I guess I have a new, much better ladder!

After work, I decided the nice, dry weather came with a price! It was time to water. So, I put a two-gallon bucket of water on each plant I had transplanted. Then I watered the porch rail planter and the two container planters out front.

I went in the back and watered the dill container and the strawberry planter. I watered the window box s well. Then I got the hose and watered the herb garden. I cut back the sage as it was covering the basil and weeded the planter (lots of little maples).

Finally, I dragged the hose out to the vegetable garden, hooked up the square head sprinkler and turned it on. I went in the house and set the stove timer for 30 minutes.

I finally made my Father’s Day dinner. I pounded three chicken breasts to about 1/4 inch thick. I mixed a package of softened cream cheese with green onion rounds and some sage (since I had a lot of it, LOL). I spread that over the chicken breasts and then rolled each up.

I wrapped two pieces of partially cooked bacon around each roll and secured them with toothpicks. I put them on a half sheet pan and into a preheated 375 degrees oven. I set the timer for 30 minutes.

I went outside for the last time and shut off the water. I rolled up the hose and went inside for the night.

When the timer went off, I turned on the oven broiler and broiled the chicken rolls for about five minutes to crisp up the bacon. I let them rest for a bit and then ate one.

Hmmm… Not as good as some stuffed chicken breasts I’ve made or ate before. But, not bad…

I watched some TV, but went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment