Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween, , Part 2

I woke up WAY too early on Saturday. So, I read in bed until it was light enough to get up. I stripped the bedding (disturbing the cats) and started the wash.

I know it's tonight I must do this, but while I was thinking about it, I moved all my clocks back one hour. Goodbye, summer! Of course, that meant for the rest of the day, when I would check the time, I would go, "Oh, 11:00 o'clock. Hmmm... Does that mean its really 10:00 or 12:00 o'clock?"

I noticed on the news the Red Wings are playing in Calgary against the Flames tonight. Kick their butts, guys!! (It's a sweet rivalry.)

I went to make some coffee, but I didn't have enough. So, I ground up some more of my whole beans and made a pot.

I went downstairs to get my meds and found my old nemesis. The washer had overflowed the drains! The bathroom mat and the walk-off carpet by the back door were soaked. Water was everywhere! So, I went back upstairs, ripped down my carefully thought-out ToDo list and created another. This sucks!!!

I decided I wanted breakfast, so I scrambled some eggs. I topped them with a LOT of Frank's Red Hot Sauce and ate them, Southern-style. I cleaned up a bit, trying not to think of drains...

So, finally at 1:30 PM (really) I couldn't ignore it anymore and went down to work on the drain problem. But, before I did, I replaced one suet cake outside and gave the wild things the last of my old bread. The wind, which was quite fierce all night long, has not abated. If it doesn't slow down, this will trouble the trick-or-treaters. I put the walk-off carpet on top the air conditioner to dry.

Back inside (accompanied by a flurry of leaves I will have to clean up) I pulled off the clean out cover and then unscrewed the top. I had my Dad's old 100-foot snake. I ran it down the drain a few times, but never really felt an obstruction (like I used to do). Hmmm... Does that mean I punched through the problem? Only one way to tell, I guess. I started another load of laundry...

Then I went upstairs, washed up and went to take a nap. It was about 5:00 PM when I got back up and found the floor downstairs was wet yet again. I consulted with a friend and he suggested using the bacterial drain cleaner I used on the sink traps to make a gallon and pour it directly into the cleanout. So, I did. But, that means I can't let any water go down the drains for 6-8 hours!

I thought about some easy dinner and thought I'd just make hot dogs and beans. But, there were two problems with that. I had no hot dogs in the freezer and so Campbell's pork and beans in the pantry. What I did have were smoked sausage and Bush's baked beans. So, after slicing the sausage on the bias, I seared it in the big frying pan. Then I added the beans to warm them up. It tasted good, but wasn't the taste I was hoping for...

I watched a little TV, but nothing really caught my attention. So, I switched to reading until I got sleepy and then went to bed.

Oh, in case anybody missed it, I never talked about all the kids who came to my door with their cute costumes. Why? Because nobody did...

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Jeremy!!!!!! I'm hoping you'll see this here as I don't have your email address. Hope you have a great day!!!!