Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Monday Moanin'

I woke up early again on Monday. The first thing I did was to unplug the cable box and let it sit while I filled in the Blog post.

Then I plugged it back in and let it reboot while I drank a cup of coffee. I crossed my fingers and turned it on. I'll be damned! The pictures came back on!  I watched the morning news to celebrate.

Now, I have to go to the Social Security office again today with my completed employer forms. Last time I tried to "beat" everyone else there and went at 9:00 a.m. The place was packed though and I was there an hour and a half. However, when I was leaving, I noticed the waiting room had cleared out some.

So, my thinking today was to go a little later. I finally got off my ass and shaved, showered and got dressed. I left at 11:00 a.m. and drove through some sprinkles. It was cool outside, BTW.

When I got there, the parking lot was half empty! Inside, there were, like, 10 people waiting. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes!!!

Sidebar: So, now I am signed up for Medicare Part B. I still need to review my options and come up with my Part D (private insurance) plan.

It was still cool and spitting rain. But, since I was on that side of town, I went to Randazzo's for two mums.

Sidebar: As you probably know, I usually get my plants and flowers from either Lowe's or Home Depot. But, I remember this spring, when I was shopping at Lowe's and a guy asked the price of a flat of flowers. The Lowe's guy said $15.00. The guy dropped it like a hot potato and told me on the side that Randazzo's had the same flat for $8.00. That stuck in my head...

I do want two mums' for the front, but don't want to pay a fortune for them.

So, I found two two-gallon mums in the color I wanted for $3.99 apiece. Then I went across the street to Lowe's and got two cheap plastic pots (also in the color I wanted) for $5.99 apiece.

Back home, I went out back with the wheelbarrow and got some dirt from the plants I had just thrown out. In front, I re-potted the mums. I decided where I wanted them and placed them accordingly.

Satisfied, I went inside, changed clothes and ate a ham sandwich for lunch. Just after I cleaned up the kitchen, Amanda called. She said she was at Arby's (less than a quarter mile from the house) getting a sandwich (she likes their French dip) before she went home and did I want to join her for lunch. I said I wished she'd called me 20 minutes ago (I love their Buffalo chicken sandwich) but I just finished lunch. She said, "Oh, well. Maybe next time."

I changed clothes and took a nap.

When I woke up, it was still cool and drizzling. So, no grilling today.

Since Tuesday is trash day, I drained the sweet corn and threw it away (been soaking for three days now). Then I went through the freezer and threw away any meats that had freezer burns. I also emptied two soup containers that had old bean soup in them. That gave me a lot more room!

When I got hungry, I warmed up a can of beans. I ate half of the beans with a slice of buttered bread.

I watched the Nightly news. Then I watched a movie I'd taped called "The Grey." It's an excellent movie Jake and Carla turned me onto a while back.

It got over at 9:30 p.m., but I wasn't tired. So, I turned on the Lions game and watched them win! Then I went to bed.