Saturday, September 16, 2017

Finally Friday

(Just kidding, LOL. When you're retired, Friday's no different from any other day).

Once again, I had to wait for the light fog to burn off Friday morning. So, I posted to the blog, paid some bills and made up my grocery lists.

Sidebar: I still don't think I could walk the entire Kroger store with a big grocery list and then stand in line. So, I decided to break the list in half. I'll get half at Westborn today and then the other half at Kroger tomorrow.

I had decided to make a big pasta salad, so I don't have to do much cooking this weekend.  So, most of the Westborn list was veggies. I also got some Granny Smith apples (for snacks next week), sour cream and a tub of grated Parmesan cheese. I made two impulse buys: One of their big, beautiful blueberry muffins and, from the deli, sliced ham, provolone cheese and a loaf of rye bread.

I stopped at Home Depot on the way back. I needed more sandpaper for the toy box and a faucet aerator (the one in the main bathroom sink was messed up). Since I was there anyway, I got a hot dog on the way out and ate it in the truck for lunch.

Back home, I unloaded the truck. I put the ham, cheese and sour cream in the fridge. I left everything else on the counter in the bags they came in and went and laid down.

The new landscape company called. He said he thought they could match JonBoy's price, but wouldn't know for sure until he talked with his guys after they cut it once. I said, "Fair enough." He said they'd be out sometime this afternoon and then they'd figure out the final price and what day I'd get on the schedule.

I took a trip out back to the recycle bin.

Sidebar: This is all new to me and I need to get a system in place so I'm not constantly walking out there.

I turned around to go back inside and saw a large branch had crashed on the shed roof!!!

It took a lot of work to get  it off. Then I inspected the damage. I was lucky the branch was bowed. No roof damage, but the gutter is bent to hell and the roof vent slightly flattened.

I went back inside a took a rest. I heard the sound of lawn mowers around 2:30 p.m. Thy were here and gone in a flash. I went out and walked around and it looked fantastic!

I cleaned the main bathroom after I installed the new aerator.

I started to make the pasta salad. I cut up all the veggies while the pasta water was heating up. But, I realized I couldn't stand up long enough to actually make the pasta. So, I turned the water on low and went and laid down again.

My daughter, Melissa called around 6:00 p.m. I must have dozed off as I couldn't get to the phone before she hung up. So, I called her back. We talked for a bit, then my phone battery started to die.

So, we made our goodbyes and I went out to finish the pasta salad. Once the pasta was cooked and cooled, I mixed it with halved cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, diced green pepper (would have looked better had I used a yellow one, btw), broccoli florets and sliced black olives. I added salt and pepper and dressed it with bottled Italian dressing.

I taste-tested it and it need more salt. But I decided to let it sit overnight (so the pasta can suck up some of the dressing). So, I covered it and stuck it in the fridge.

I watched some TV. When I got hungry, I made myself a ham sandwich (excellent). I went to bed around midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment