Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

It was 9 degrees F. here when I woke up on Tuesday morning. But, the weatherman said the wind chill was -5 degrees. Good Lord!

I warmed up two biscuits and the sausage gravy for a heartier breakfast than usual.

And I spent a long time in the shower, realizing it would be the warmest I would feel all day!

Next, I dug out my winter coat, gloves and knit hat. I geared up and took the trash can out to the road. Then I drove into work.

Needless to say, I walked inside both morning and afternoon.

I needed to go out at lunch. So, I stopped at the Newburgh Grill. I varied from the daily specials menu and ordered a bowl (and they give you a big bowl) of the ham and bean soup. I topped that with a grilled cheese sandwich. It seemed like a “warming” lunch.

Note to self: You make a better grilled cheese sandwich and it doesn’t cost you $3.00 US, dummy! I swear that was two slices of Wonder Bread and one slice of Kraft American cheese.

On the other hand, it tasted good! It warmed up to 25 degrees by then (we’re having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave…)

Then I went to Lowe’s. I picked up a little more hardware for the computer table, and tried to find some molding. Unfortunately, like Home Depot, they advertise molding on the Internet that they apparently don’t carry in their stores. Sucks…

BTW, it did snow north of here, but just light flurries here.

Tomorrow’s going to be the day we all get some snow, I heard. There’s an Alberta Clipper on the way (Thanks, CC!)

After work, I got the trashcan back inside before the wind could blow it away. It was 21 degrees and windy. Inside, I treated the cat and changed clothes. Then I watched the Nightly News.

After it got over at 7:00 p.m., I decided it was time for dinner. So, I scrambled three eggs. I got down the mandolin and sliced two peeled russet potatoes. 

Then I peeled a sweet onion. I sliced one half of the onion and diced the other. I put some canola oil and a pat of butter in the 10-inch skillet and fried the potatoes and sliced onions.

I put some butter in the small skillet and added some of the diced onion and a handful of diced ham I had frozen and then thawed. When the onions were translucent, I added the eggs.

When the eggs were set, I added a handful of shredded cheddar cheese on top and folded the omelet to let it melt.

Meanwhile, I burnt the potatoes a tad by paying too much attention to the damn omelet. But, just a tad. So, I plated it, anyway. It looked like a hot mess, but it tasted delicious!

I did my NCIS Night thing and then went to bed.


  1. Dinner looks great! Also, it is 21 degrees here in SC right now...I'm freezing my butt off!

  2. Wait! What? I spent money to fly down into WARMTH!!!

  3. Fear not. We're headed back to the 50s.