Saturday, May 17, 2014

Finally Friday!

Sidebar: you will note the title of this post was NOT preceded by “Rainy Days and…”

Because it didn’t rain! At least not before 8:00 p.m. when I started filling in this entry.

Oh, it was cold (37 degrees F. here, with frost warnings in the outlying areas) when I woke up. But, I checked the glass in the living room and it wasn’t falling. When I left the house, it was gray and overcast. But I wasn’t afraid.

I walked outside in the cold and gloom in the morning.

I got a call around 11:30 a.m. from “Signs by Tomorrow” that my front license plate was done. I told them I would get it at lunch time.

So, I stopped into Time Out for a bite to eat. I got the fish and chips and asked for malt vinegar (one of the bartenders, Jason, had told me I had shamed the owner, Dan, into ordering it). The meal was excellent.

I went to the sign shop and picked up my front license plate. They used vinyl letters instead of hand painting (which is what we first talked about). I was confused, but decided it looked perfect (and it was much cheaper). So, I gave them $25.00 and headed back to work.

I walked outside in the afternoon, this time in sunshine. It got my hopes up that maybe I could at least cut the front lawn tonight, instead of trying to cram everything into just two days.

I had a lot of trouble staying awake during the afternoon, thanks to my smoke detector. But, finally it was 5:00 p.m. and I headed home.

I took a short walk in the front grass. Since my shoes were wet when I was done, I decided I’d have to wait on cutting the grass.

So, I went inside to change clothes. That’s when I found that Caley had thrown up on the bed. And, I don’t mean a hairball. I mean throw up. Damn! I cleaned it up with a paper towel, treated it with stain remover and started the weekend wash.

I worked on the computer while listening to the news. I warmed up the last two hot dogs and a can of Hormel no-bean chili. I medium-diced a Vidalia onion and had two chili dogs for my dinner.

The dryer had stopped, so I remade the bed. I turned on a taped show, but fell asleep before it ended. When I woke up for a bathroom break, I turned everything off and went to bed for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment