Saturday, January 25, 2014

T.G.I.F. B.R.R.R.

I swear Friday was the worse day yet for cold! It was a windy 5 degrees F. when I woke up and the wind just got stronger all day!

I had to go to the Verizon store at lunch to get my new phone and transfer all my contacts. I had my down coat, a thick knit hat and my gloves on and didn’t park that far away. But, by the time I walked to the store, my face felt frozen!

[Sidebar: I am going to REALLY miss those heated leather seats!!!]

The winds (25 mph sustained, gust up to 45 mph) were whipping the loose snow everywhere and actually rocked the car on the way home. I already had the beginnings of a nice-size snow drift creeping across my driveway.

Once inside, I treated the cats and drank a cup of hot coffee. Then I got to work. I cleaned out the car and put everything in a laundry basket. I’ll decide what I want to put back in the truck when it gets here.

Then I wrapped two packages for mailing. Finally, I dug out my title from the fire safe to take to the dealer. I’m scheduled to get the truck tomorrow, but that hinges on tonight’s snow storm. We are supposed to get 1-3 inches of blowing, drifting snow overnight. So, getting out of the drive and getting there might be dicey.

Unfortunately, they didn’t have the running boards in stock, so they had to order them. If I do get the truck tomorrow, I will have to go back sometime next week anyway to get them installed. If I can’t get through, I’ll do everything next week at one time.

So, as much as I want the truck NOW, if the roads are too bad, I’ll just wait.

I was chilled from just working in the garage, so a sandwich seemed too cold. Instead, I heated up a can of Campbell’s Bean with Bacon soup. I ate that with some crackers and a chunk of sharp cheddar cheese for dinner.

I didn’t see anything else all that interesting on the TV, so I ended up watching the Red Wings win another game. Then I read a book until I started nodding off. I went to bed round midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment